Emerging, established, and under-represented artists are invited to apply to show their work at JCO'S Art Haus' upcoming art extravaganza:
VERY VERY RARE AFFORDABLE ART FAIR
Thursday, October 11th — Sunday, October 14th, 2018
We are interested in artists working in ALL mediums, including / not limited to: mixed media, florals, seascapes, original acrylic + oil paintings, small sculpture, ceramics, abstracts, photography, still life, unique (!!) landscapes.... etc.
All artists will first apply via email. Selected artists will meet with our curatorial team (Julie Jenkins // owner & Bridget McMahon // Art Haus director) at the Art Haus to share their work in person.
A B O U T
The Very Very Rare Affordable Art Fair, formerly known as "Got Art? The Affordable Art Show", has been seeking the best under-represented artists and promoting affordable art since 2001. With only two (!) shows (!) per (!) year (!!), each features different emerging, established, and under-represented artists working in all sizes, mediums, and styles.
Our mission is to create new collectors by exciting them with accessible art presented in an unpretentious environment, showcasing previously exhibited works of established artists and new works by emerging talent.
T I M E L I N E
Entry deadline: Monday, August 27th
Artist Auditions: Tuesday, August 28 —Wednesday, August 29
Notifications to artists by: Tuesday, September 4th
Opening Reception (artist's presence requested, not required): Thursday, October 11th
Affordable Art Fair: Friday, October 12th - Sunday, October 14th
R E Q U I R E M E N T S
• Original artwork should cost $5,000 and under
• Gallery pricing and studio pricing must be consistent
• Open to possibly (!) discounting between 5% — 25% for one weekend only
S A L E S / F E E S
• NO exhibitor's fees
• NO application fees
• Sales are split 50% artist / 50% Art Haus
A P P L Y
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following:
• 3 — 10 high-resolution images of your work
• Files must* be titled as: LastName.Title.Size.Medium.Price.jpg // (example: Jenkins.Anticipation.30X30.OilOnCanvas.2500.jpg)
*we will receive thousands of image files as we curate this show; your upfront effort in preparing your images is invaluable!
• Indicate three preferred, available, 30-minute time slots for your audition: jcosplace.com/apply/appointments
3. YOUR ARTIST'S STATEMENT and / or C.V.
A U D I T I O N I N G
• Artists will have 30 minutes to present their work. Available time slots: jcosplace.com/apply/appointments
• All BOLD time slots are available; ITALICIZED time slots are filled.
• Art Haus Director Bridget McMahon will email to confirm receipt of your submission.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR “ARTIST AUDITION”, PLEASE BRING:
1. 6 - 8 original works of art
2. C.V. / Curriculum Vitae
3. Artist’s Statement— a cohesive statement which ties your work together
4. Inventory Sheet: Image, Title, Medium, Size, Price
5. Your unique personality & enthusiasm for your work
C O N T A C T
Bridget McMahon // Art Haus Director
JCO’S Art Haus
805 University Avenue, # E • Los Gatos, CA 95032